Friday, September 29, 2017

"For she said, If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole"

Sunday September 24, 2017 at 9:11PM

We had a sweet miracle that happened yesterday. We tried to meet up with the investigators we planned, however our plans feel through. As we were leaving the area, this huge chunk of fish jerky fell almost on me. I looked up and saw a young girl saying "Dang it, my fish jerky fell! Hah it was hilarious. I picked it up for her but then dropped it again because it was so slippery! I dropped it in the mud and man I felt so bad! Well she came down to get it from me and I remembered how we both laughed so hard. I spoke with her more and introduced ourselves. We had asked if we could meet with her mother and visit her apartment right then. She replied with such an inviting yes! We got in the room, and saw her mother sitting in the hammock. We spent a while listening to the stories of life and the burdens that she has been carrying. We spoke and shared the love that God has for her! We taught the truth of divinity of our living Godhead. As times passes by, she had set aside the things she had on her lap and even lowered herself to come down and sit with us! It was then when I felt most of her heart opening to receive our message! Her daughter listened intently while holding the Book of Mormon. The mother had told us that she had been looking for "plans" in her life and seeking to understand what it is she needed to do. The house was just only her daughter and her and she had been trying to make ends meet. I realized how in the midst of listening I started to feel this sincere love for her daughter. These are complete strangers we came across with but to listen to her and how open her heart was to the message of the Gospel. We invited her to church that very day and her daughter and her came! It was so sweet.

"For she said, If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole" -Mark 5
I remember reading a talk about drawing the power of the Savior in our lives by Elder Nelson and how sweet the message that was embedded in the talk was. The healing that Christ has performed wasn't just specifically for that woman, but it is a power that transcends and resonates to even today. For the woman who has been seeking to be healed for years, in her hopeless state, it is her last resort to seek for healing, or evermore so as stated, she reached for the savior's power of healing. I know this work to be true, there is such joy if we give our hearts to the Lord. I am, like those around me, realizing more about the Nature of God and as well as realizing how my own nature is changing in the act of giving my heart to those around me.

With love and gratitude,

Sis. Sok

No comments:

Post a Comment