Friday, September 29, 2017

The Door Happened to be Open

Monday September 11, 2017 at 12:08AM

Hello Hello Hello!

Whooff, I don't even know where to start! This week has been really good, full of miracles. The last few days in the area I previously served were remarkable, full of the Lord's tender mercies. It was the last appointment of the night and my companion and I took the leap to see our member at her house. She is the only member of the family ( she requested to not see her at her house). Well, we had this prompting to say goodbye to our member at her house (to say some last few words and thank her), even knowing that her family would be at there ,as well. We came to the door and thinking, well hah I am not sure if we are going to be chased with a knife or an ax, and so we braced ourselves! However,  right as we got to the door, her mother and sister greeted us with the warmest of smiles and invited us in. We got to know more about her life and right away, a young woman came in and sat next to us. She asked that she wanted to learn more about Jesus Christ. She had had miracles in her life that testifies to her of Christ's living existence. We were in awe. We were so blessed to have the door be opened. The young woman explained how she had been saved by the Lord, how her life has been saved. It was so good to be there that night to hear of her testimony. Man, so good. We taught our member's mother and sister and the young woman about the message of the Restoration and the spirit filled us with such an inviting love.

New Transfer has just started and boy!!! so many learning experiences! The new area is called Steung Meanchey and it is known as a very busy area for people who are striving to make ends meet. It is one of the poorest areas in Cambodia, but but but FULL of many humble souls who are reaching out for the hands of the Lord! I believe missionary work here is going to be so amazing. My new companion is amazing! Her name is Sister Thouk. She just came from the MTC in Manila 4 days ago and she is doing so well! she is a native Khmer. My companion and I are doing very well. One thing I admire about Sister Thouk is that she is very inquisitive, but with sincere intentions for seeking truth. She loves to ask questions regarding all aspect of missionary work. She enjoys learning about the Gospel and growing in the Gospel, as well. I find that her hard work brings both of us to be unified together.  It took me by surprise to how well she is doing, in adapting to the over aspect of missionary work. Last week was a bit rough, hah it rained and flooded so much. It was really hard to see the road and became very difficult to try to find one of our investigator's houses. The water nearly came to our knees and my companion rode into this huge rock and fell over. The experience was such a fun journey, though. We missed our landmarks hah and rode for the longest of time, until realizing that we were almost entering another missionaries' boundaries hah whoof!

I love the area, though! The lifestyle for the people here is so difficult for them, I get to see the destitute, poverty each and everyday and it makes me feel so grateful that I am so blessed to have what I have now and to know the many things and acts of love the Good Lord has shown me!

I know with my heart that Christ lives, that the Book of Mormon is true, I know that God loves his children and touches many lives all around the world. I know that my life has changed so much and continues so, because of the Atoning Sacrifice of Jesus Christ. I know this to be true.

With much love and gratitude,
Sister Sok

This is one of the pics with a woman who is learning to change her life for the better, Ming Vanak! She is so kind!


No comments:

Post a Comment