Friday, September 1, 2017

Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There is a crack in everything, That’s how the light gets in.

Sunday August 6, 2017 at 9:41PM

Hello Hello Hello,

It just gets better everyday. I love it here! My comp, Sister Smith is wonderful. So willing to improve, so humble and to change! That is our goal! This week has been so amazing, it was rough but the relief from the exhaustion makes the pain and the trying all worth it. Just miracles after miracles as we strive to consecrate ourselves to our potential and how other's lives are affected by the light of Christ. I love the members are our new area. Last P-Day was filled with a breath of love. My bike broke, because I kept riding it through mud. No wonder. The chains kept breaking down. My comp and I were just riding the struggle bus in trying to find a place to fix it. No one could fix bikes in the area. The miracle of it is that two of the member of the church, sacrificed so much of their day to help us find somewhere I could get it fixed. They are such angels. As hard as we tried, we could not find a place to fix it at a normal price range. We were a bit exhausted going back and forth and getting no result. We then went to this little alley way and prayed. Right after that, we still could not find anyone. I remember my comp and I praying in our heart to just let it be good enough (the bike) to make it through proselyting hours that night! Miraculously as we parked out bikes at the apartment right before going out to proselyte, I started noticing that my bike stopped making the weird noises and the things that seemed to be broken showed no signs. I was able to ride it just fine! There wasn't any that we really did to fix it physically! We were both so amazed. Man, the Good Lord has given us much.

I have seen many miracles and many lives have been changed because of Christ. I get to see their lives changed. I get to see how hopeless people were to how hopeful they are now, all because they know that they can receive help from God and change to become better. We meet with people whose lives are in the state of despair some due to loss of family. We were teaching a potential investigator, and one of the members in the lesson invited the woman in. I mean we have this elderly woman who does not have anyone in her life at all, her immediate family have all died. She is the lone survivor in the family! The member help straight up asked her to sit down with us. She listened intently. Then tears from her eyes started to pour down and she poured her heart to us, to God. Later that week, we sat down with her one night and told her of what she needed to hear about the Plan of Salvation.  As soon as we shared to her that she can meet with her family again  and that we can return back to God, there is this hope, Man! the hope that radiated from her that just made me want to to cry because I saw how happy she was. Her life is now filled with light. I know with my heart that there is actual power that comes from God to heal a person if we allow ourselves to choose righteously, to have hope and faith as anchor to the soul, to live for tomorrow to allow the light to shine forth from the cracks from the past, and God will take care of it. I am happy. I am happy to serve those around me.One of the neatest sights to see was when as were going to that area where most of our investigators and the woman live to prepare them and help them get to church, they were already getting ready to go. We owe our thanks to our members who helped our investigators be prepared. It was so beautiful to see her and her grand daughter locking up the house and putting on her flower hat on,  getting ready to get on the moto to go to church!

On the way we were so amazed by this member ( the same who introduced us to the elderly woman) she is handicapped and on every Sunday, she would wheelchair herself to church), which is pretty far from where she lives. She would stop every now and then under the shades to rest, but would be so determined to keep going to make it to church on time. It was a miracle for her on that day, because she was so sick the night before, but she felt better that morning and was able to find enough strength to lift herself up onto the wheelchair and to go forth!

Funny Side Story: We have this grandpa who is a member of the church. He would hang out at the stake center all the time and would take baths in the baptismal font. I don't even know where he got the keys to get in! One day, he walked passed us and he was just sooo soaking wet. Haha he always shook our hands and demanded (nicely) that we have to print the pictures he asked us to take with him. It is a little weird!

But anyways, that is all that I have for now!

With much love and gratitude,

Sister Sok

No comments:

Post a Comment