Saturday, January 27, 2018

"She Waits for Him at her Doorway"

Monday October 9, 2017 at 12:03am

Hello,

I am blessed to be in Cambodia. One of the many blessed souls to get to step back on my homeland. It is inspiring to look back at the steps I have walked along with the Native Khmer here. There is no greater joy! My heart is filled with the Love of Christ. An experience my companion and I had was witnessed from a family who is willing to give all that they have for the Lord. I was prompted to ask the family investigator what it feels like to when they have the presence of us walking into their home. The woman in the family told us"the love you gave us from God, made me feel that you are my two daughters". It was the sweetest feeling I have felt. For the many years of abandonment and hopelessness,  Christ came into her family's life and they accepted his love. It was just like that! With history of despair and darkness, the power of the Lord was able to sweep it all away. A beautiful moment that we captured in our hearts was when the woman of the family sat outside awaiting for us to come back in order to be felt of and see God's light again, while in the background the house was so dim. What I have learned is that it's not the prints of our footsteps that she invited in her house, but rather they are of a greater Being. I have learned that as we teach the family how to obtain of that light of Christ through their agency and the willingness to invite him, the light will be there, whether we are there or not.  To experience for themselves in the every taking of their breath and to have realized that they are a magnificent product of God's creation. For them to be agents unto themselves, in the alignment of that to the Lord's will. To be naturally inclined to face and be in the presence of His Light. The greatest joy is to share with them how to obtain that. The people we teach are so poor, yet so humble. They are so beautiful. It is so joyful to teach the simple truth of the Love that our Father in Heaven has for them!

A picture of the family:

A pic of the senior sister missionary and us sisters (From left to right: Sister Thurston, Sister Chin, Sister Thouk, Me, and Sister Benson)

One of the Zone Conference Pics back in Battambang: I am the one in the middle)
(The sisters in the front from left to right: Sister Winters, Me, Sister Sung, and Sister Hom)

I hope you have a great rest of your week!

With much love and gratitude,
Sister Sok




No comments:

Post a Comment