Friday, September 29, 2017

The Dark Alley Way

Sunday September 3, 2017 at 9:33PM

Hello Hello Hello!

A particular experience that I would like to share is one of last week. At the end of a day, a couple of the lessons fell through. I remember praying really hard with my companion for the Lord to help us grow in the experience and to specifically meet someone the Lord wants us to share the message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ with. We felt OK to go on with the potential investigator we were going to visit. Then as I got on my bike and rode forward with our member for about for 4 secs, I heard my companion's voice to stop. She had felt that we needed to visit this lady's salon place, which was through this dark alley way. When we got there, her shop had already been closed for that night. The dark, gloomy alley way was not lit at all, accept for one house, one house at the end of the alley. There was a woman cooking fish outside of her house. She socialized with her for a bit and she invited us in her house to meet her husband, as well. I know that the spirit of the Lord was there. I bear my testimony that what had happened in the house in that dark alley had helped me build my testimony in the Lord Jesus Christ. I remembered the man asking us a question of which I myself in my knowledge couldn't answer, yet the Spirit of the Lord quickened my response. I know that the experience strengthened my member help and my companion, whether they did not accept our message of the Gospel.

Thus far in the mission, I have learned that the certain trials in my life that have been accessed by the power of the Atonement become gifts/empowering instruments of experiences to use in the prospective challenges to help me grow. The past trials are molded as the leveraging tools for the next journey that I will take part in. The mission truly is the Lord's time and influence of your personal conversion. Whether the miracles that you have witnessed is to be accepted through others or not, whether the bearing out of your heart to fill others' is rejected or not, I believe that the process of doing so is the very testimony that Christ lives, the testimony that I know for myself. It truly is that process of how the spirit bears to me the witness of the truth and the process of the sanctifying change in myself, in offering up my brokenness, and partaking of the broken bread, and living water of Christ, so that I can continually be made whole.

We had just received our new transfer call last night. I am going to whitewash a new area, called Steung Meanchey and training a new missionary there. She is in the MTC right now, but getting ready to depart soon! I am really excited for the next journey! Oh the places we will go!

A family home evening with one of our investigators' fam.


No comments:

Post a Comment