Friday, September 1, 2017

The picture book: The Maker

Sunday August 27, 2017 at 8:12PM

I absolutely love this labor. I love God and I am so grateful for the continuous Light He is bringing in my life and the lives around us. My growth in the mission each and everyday has been rooted from the pure and raw love of how the people here are willing to sacrifice because they love Jesus Christ. It is not stressful anymore when the small and simple things you do becomes so natural, because it is out of love. The beauty of God's plan is to feel His love, to feel, to see,  and to sense all sorts of emotions to understand our divine identity and truth. My job is really to bring back the love that has been ostracized from years of oppression and darkness. To bring light through love. It's becoming more and more natural. All because of the power of God. One of my best friends had said that "true love is not about what others can give you, because  you're empty, it's about what you can give others because you are already full, full with the pure love of Jesus Christ." Just to wake up everyday feeling full and to have that desire to share what makes you happy. God truly is good.

Recently we taught this wonderful woman and her grandchild about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. My companion and I were always looking forward to hear her sweet prayer at the end of the lesson. Man, it is truly something. Every time she prays she puts repentance into work. She's start out with addressing Heavenly Father and then the second point would " I am a child of God". She would go on to ask God to continuously help her offer her sins, so she could change. AS she puts it "to wash me clean everyday as I do what you tell me to do". It was so sincere. I can't fully the describe the way she puts her words and heart into it. I mean we are talking about a woman who has lost everyone in her family, even her first husband.  It makes me think about the story that Pres. Uchtdorf mentioned in his talk "The Hope of God's Light". I feel that the Khmer people are still suffering from that history darkness, where the expression of love is faded, where the light in their lives is so dim, where years and history of abuse dictates their destiny. It is so much that yes, in order to protect themselves, they rather choose to stop feeling. However, there is hope and hope brings back light and a freedom to choose for themselves to "pursue that happiness" and to understand our true worth and to realize that worth directly from our Maker.

I love you all and thank you for the love you have sent me!

With much love and gratitude,
Sister Sok

Attached is a pic of a senior missionary, Sister Jones. This is from a conference that happened last week. It was regarding international religious relations, where the Loas ambassadors and many other church denominations leaders came to visit our church. My mission president had asked me to do a quick exchange with another missionary to join in and be a part of the representatives. It was a really nice experience. I got to go in the Family History Center and showed them more about family history work. They toured the church building and it was a really neat experience to bring more of missionary work to the Loas people!

This is my testimony in the Khmer language!
ខ្ញុំស្រលាញ់ម្ដាយខ្លាំងណាស់! ខ្ញុំបានរៀនសូត្រច្រើនណាស់ពីប្រជាជនរបស់ខ្ញុំនៅកម្ពុជា! ខ្ញុំបានរៀនអំពីការបន្ទាបខ្លួននិងសប្បុរសធម៌។ ខ្ញុំបានដឹងពីការឈឺចាប់របស់អ្នកដទៃនិងវិធីជួយព្យាបាលការខូចខាតជីវិតរបស់ពួកគេ។ ប្រជាជនខ្មែរពិតជាអស្ចារ្យណាស់! ពួកគេបានបង្រៀនខ្ញុំយ៉ាងច្រើនអំពីសេចក្ដីស្រឡាញ់សូម្បីតែអ្នកដែលក្រីក្រឬអ្នកមាន។ សេចក្ដីស្រឡាញ់គឺនៅជុំវិញយើង!





No comments:

Post a Comment