Saturday, January 27, 2018

Hello!

Tuesday October 17, 2017 at 1:48am

Hello Brothers and Sisters,

I want to send my love to you all! I am doing well. I am healthy and always in traffic. Hah, but yes life is beautiful here and there are so many amazing and humbling children of God in the areas I am serving in. People here are so kind and so many are so receptive to change. They have been so deprived of hope and optimism due to times of oppression in the past, but what a blessing it is that they are able to receive that light, the light of the Gospel of Jesus Christ!

Last week, we went to visit a family who we met through a miracle. We got the chance to only meet with the mother, though! We saw that her room was not lit, but only her face was lit up by her phone. We called her name and right away, she turned on the light inside her house. We went in and observed  her sad countenance that she had been through a lot for the past weeks or so. We spent time to listen to what had happened to her. Ah man, I remember praying to know of what I should and as well as what my companion could say to this woman, but we didn't receive any specific prompting to say what the woman needs, but just to listen . We were just speechless. However, I remember that in the Book of Mormon, Jesus Christ wept and pray unto the Father for His Children. Jesus has all power to take it away the circumstances/trials right then and there, but the the lasting memory of love you could have ever receive is one when Christ endures them with you, when He is there for you and the lifting power that comes from it even knowing that the trials are still there, yet loneliness and pain are swept away in the midst of those circumstances in life. I know this to be true! And that was what we did that night, we listened and shared of His love for her and wept and prayed with her. Ahh, it was so incredible! The Spirit was there.

I received a change of transfer  assignment last Sunday night and I was not expecting it at all since I thought I would be finishing out training Sister Thouk for another transfer. I am transferred to two other areas, still in Steung Meanchey, though. I will be working with an old companion of mine, Sister Chin and working with the mission president/presidency to help missionaries receive more training in the missionary work. I look forward to the new assignment and the next journey in fulfilling it. There is so much more room for me to learn and grow. This week, we will have many missionaries coming in from the U.S and we are currently preparing training meetings for them. It is going to be very exciting for them to be welcomed to this mission. 

With much love and gratitude,

Sister Sok
Here are some pictures from the mission!

A pic of me looking at the rink. On preparation day, I was able to go to the city and got a chance to see the first skating rink in Cambodia. Ahh, I couldn't skate at the time, but just seeing and smelling the ice again is enough!

Areas we are serving in!

Cyclo Guy

Areas we are serving in!

At the Royal palace

​Ex-Comp!

Our past district!







No comments:

Post a Comment