Saturday, January 27, 2018

Waiting at the Church's Stairways

Monday November 27, 2017 at 1:26am

Hello,

On Sunday afternoon, we met a woman and her two children on the steps of the church building. She had biked to church far from her home, with a total of 3 people on an old beaten down Japanese bike.  She told us how she has been waiting for us and the message we had to share with her again. She had been waiting for a while, as well. Ahh the sweet joy she had to meet with us made my comp and I so happy. She had a 2 year old son and a 13 year old daughter with her. She told us how she has been praying and sleeping by the pamphlets we gave her, to provide her the comfort she has longed for. She expressed how much light came into her life, ever since having the Lord with her. She teared up and told us how badly she wanted to read the words in the Book of Mormon, but has not learned how to read ever since she was a child. It was such a neat experience to see how her 13 year-old daughter will teach her mother to read from that day on, every night. It was quite beautiful to hear her saying that (as she holds her baby by her heart so dearly) she said "I will change and do anything of the Lord, as long as I am able to read His words, I will, I have faith, I come here and have sacrificed because I believe in His words ". Oh my this family is chosen of God.

Brothers and Sisters, I know the power of the Book of Mormon can truly speak to our hearts.  I was fast tracked at the MTC and was in a regular English speaking group with people from different parts of the world. I remember when I came to Cambodia and did not know how to read the Book of Mormon in Khmer.The miracle of was through the patience of my Khmer trainer and the Lord's strength to quicken my understanding. In a time span of 1 week and hah the work out and exhaustion of my brain, I was able to read the Book in Khmer to the speed that they could understand me. It was a miracle, pure strength and knowledge from the tongue of the Lord. I know and have experienced this to be true!

With Love and Gratitude,
Sister Sok

We spent our Thanksgiving with the Senior Missionaries, Elder Thurston and Sister Thurston. Our zone came together, some from the city, some from STEUNG MEANCHEY! It was so wonderful!
From sisters from the right,
Sister Thurston, Sister Lay, Sis Thouk, me in the green and my comp is sister Chin in the black, Sis. Smith and Sis Stratford.


No comments:

Post a Comment