Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Sister Sok- a miracle in the jungle

Monday January 9, 2017 at 2:48AM

Hello,

Happy Monday! I hope all is well and that you are all experiencing life to the fullest.

I am doing well and ok, thus far in the mission. There are trials and hardships as expected, however I am growing a lot from the diverse experiences.

One of the experiences:

Some of the people's houses we taught are about an hour- 1 hr and 1/2  of bike ride away from the church and where we live. My companion and I went to an area called "Kompoul Kpous". I remember feeling absolutely exhausted when we got there and almost none of the less-actives and investigators members were there, because they all went to another province to harvest rice. The whole village was quiet. We couldn't really call a lot of them, because they do not own phones. At the end of the day, the sun started to set. The village is basically in the middle of a jungle and not as populated as some of the areas I am used to biking to. Right as soon as we started to leave to bike back home, one of the members, named Lina (who came with us to teach), her bike got a flat tire. I was getting worried because, the area was getting pretty dark and the village was not so safe to bike through at night. I started praying in my heart. We then continued onward and walked our bikes with our member. We saw this old abandoned shack, it's a small bike shop shack. We called the owner, but no one was there. Fortunately, the bike pump was there and Lina used it to pump in sufficient air. We were eager to bike out of the foresty area and get back on the main roads. So we did and made it back home on time and safely. It was such a tender mercy. The lord answers prayers through mysterious ways. Who would have thought a bike pump would be randomly laying around by an abandoned shack in the midst of a forest? Who would have thought?

Sister Sok






No comments:

Post a Comment