Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Merry Christmas

Sunday December 18, 2016 at 10:41PM

Hello all,

Things are well here. I love you all and Merry Christmas.

Being in Battambang has taught me many experiences.

I am learning a lot and blessed and humbled to be in Cambodia. Below are 4 experiences I wrote down in my journal.

Three Women

She is such a strong woman. We met her accidentally while trying to visit with a recent convert. The recent convert was not there that day and at the corner of my eyes, I saw this lady sitting on the dirt with her little infant. She had told us her Husband had left her and her babies alone. She was not financially stable to take care of her kids and had to give away 2 of her children, and left with one to take care of. She said she felt so alone, and has lost hope to live. She said whenever she closed her eyes, things became certainly silent. I didn't know why, but I felt an urgent need from God to tell her that through Christ, you can start a new life. We asked her if she wanted to learn. We came back to visit her every week. One day, we visited her and she was the happiest she had ever been. She said" Sisters, God changed my life". I do believe that miracles happen. She said " I've learned to not give up my life and be independent in my life". I had prayed for help and now I have a new Job and I am starting a new life.  It was such a tender mercy.

One day, we had this impression to visit this young woman named Savy. We biked to her house, but it happened to be locked. We didn't know what to do. We prayed in our hearts that we will be able to see her. We waited for a while but decided to leave, and as soon as we got back on bikes, she opened her house. She invited us in. I felt so blessed to know that God really needed us to visit her that day. We taught her a lesson, but at the very end. We felt that she was holding something back. All of the certain, she bursted out crying. She said" Sisters, His Atonement wanted me to share something with you: My mother is in that room behind you. She is on her last breath. We had given up on all of the hospitals in Cambodia. She is dying."   Such a powerful surge of God's spirit that pierced my heart. We felt humbled that God allowed us to meet her that day. She said " I know God has not forgotten me, I will not forget Him".

Yesterday at church, we were so surprised to see a lady we visited at the hospital. She has been sick for months. We believe she has HIV. But the miracle is: she woke up in the morning and asked her husband to walk her to church. The hospital is about 10 miles from the church. She is one of the most inspirational women I've met.

Sundays before church

Everyday Sunday, we'd have to wheel a grandma to church. She is the sweetest. She is paralyzed from the waist down. The roads on the way from her house to church are difficult to maneuver through. One time, we took her back to her house. At a far distance, her grandchildren were welcoming her. She got so excited that she choked while eating a fruit. We didn't know what to do! None of us remembered to do CPR on a grandma. The miracle is she calmed down and stopped choking. It was such a blessing.

I am sorry that the letters are choppy. I do not have much time. However, the mission is teaching so much, so much of what God would want me to experience. Through my mission, I realized how important time is. I had questioned myself: if God is all knowing, the chosen, the elect, what's the point of us to come here. Can't he just snap His fingers and have it all happened in a minute. Why can't he snap his fingers and have us experience everything in a blink of an eye? We as humans are in naturally fallen frames. We need time to experience. If I had the choice to allow God to grant me experiences in my mission in a blink of an eye without going through years of them, would I? I believe that I would still choose to go on a mission and spend that 1 year and 1/5 anyway. I know that a disciple of Christ is not an easy calling. In luke 9" And it came to pass, that, as they went in the way, a certain man said unto him, lord, I will follow thee withersoever thou goest. And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of  the air have nests;but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head". It's not an easy road to follow Him, but do it anyway because it will be worth it. Christ will meet us where we are (John 8) and lift us up . I believe in Miracles. I believe in Christ. I am a witness of Christ and I know that we are all his children!

Love,
Sister Sok

P-day-waterfall place and bat caves.

Sister Luke the one standing on the tree and me lower down.





No comments:

Post a Comment