Friday, July 28, 2017

To love them from a different place

Sunday July 9, 2017 at 10:55PM

Hello,

Thank you for your love and letters. I'm not quite sure on what to type out, since there are so many thoughts running around like squirrels on steroids right now. However,  I'm standing firm to say that I am absolutely grateful to be serving in a place so far off the distance from where my parents are, yet so close to my heart and blood. In this journey, one of the most difficult of challenges is not from physical pain nor exhaustion, but in the emotional inadequacies in watching someone else suffer. But nevertheless, in this journey, one of the most joyous of experiences is to see Christ lifting them up through it all at the same time. The Grace of God is immeasurable. The Good Lord has given me much and I've never felt so so privileged in my life to share others how I feel of the Gospel, how much it has changed me. I stand in awe to witness how much God has changed the lives of those around me. All in all, He lives, the Book of Mormon changed my life, and the Gospel has helped me become a much better person. I came from a small farming, agricultural town in Arizona, not knowing much of God, but the mission has helped me understand so much more of the Nature of God and what He has done in my life and lives of many around me, and what I know to be true. One of the greatest treasures I've witnessed is to love and minister to those from a different place, those of different lives, who walked of different paths in the united purpose of trying to find the living well, of eternal life.  

With much love and gratitude,

Sister Sophia Sok

No comments:

Post a Comment