Monday, April 9, 2018

Kidney Stone Miracle


This is a letter written to me from my sweet girl, Sister Jex. She is an amazing missionary. 

As some of you may know, I had an unusual experience when I was about ten years old of passing a kidney stone.
Well, ladies and gents....

It made a comeback.

As typical of Wednesday, I was in the city, and getting my bags, and Sister Tran(my new companion), moved into our new house, when I started to feel a little uncomfortable on my right side on my back. At first I thought it was probably just a muscle strain from lifting heavy luggage and boxes, or something, so I paid no attention to it. But as we sat down to plan, I noticed it was getting a little worse. 'This is weird,' I thought, but I also wanted to get to know our area, so I thought to ignore it, again. 
Long story short, within twenty minutes, I was curled up on the couch with an excruciating pain in my back right side. It hurt to breathe, I couldn't sit up, and yet.... I knew, I had experienced this before. 
"Sister," I said to my worried, and brand-new companion. "I think I have a kidney stone." 

And a crazy tuk-tuk ride to the mission home, a blessing, and a visit to the hospital complete with IV and ultrasound later, we knew that yes. I, indeed, did pass a kidney stone.

Now here's the miracle part of it all: The last time I had a kidney stone, when I was ten, the doctors told us that it would pass in a couple of days, and that I would just have the peachy time of being able to suffer through it for a little while, but as I had the ultrasound, the doctor looked at me, and back at the screen, and back at me and said "Well, we can see the dilation that shows that you definitely had one, and of a pretty good size enough to give you a high amount of pain, but for whatever reason... it's already gone, now." 
How was it already gone?

Now, I can't give you a scientific answer on how the stone physically left my kidney, but I know with all my heart it was due to the power of God. Sister Tran had managed to get us to the mission home instead of the hospital in her broken khmer, which is where the Mission president's wife had asked us to go in the first place, but that gave the office elders the opportunity to give me a blessing of healing, which they did, before going to the hospital. After I received the blessing, my pain started to become more, and more bearable, to the point that when we arrived at the hospital, and they laid me down on the bed, I almost felt like we didn't even need to be here, and after we left, it never came back. It was crazy how fast it went away, and I know for sure it's because of the power of the priesthood.
I am so grateful that God loves us enough to give us His power, and I'm grateful for the men of this church that are worthy to hold it, that we may all be blessed by it. I know that the priesthood has blessed me throughout my life, but this last week really helped me remember how much it could help me personally.

Because of our crazy adventures to the hospital, and because of the AWESOMENESS OF CONFERENCE, Sister Tran and I have not been able to do a ton of proselyting, but I am super stoked for this next week. It's going to be really exciting, with a lot of contacting, because everyone Sister Tran knows is leaving to the provinces for the Khmer New Year. But have no fear, we'll make it work somehow :) Anyway, I'm still loving life, and now feeling on top of the world. I hope you all have a wonderful week, and know that God is looking after each of you.

Much love,
Sister Jex

No comments:

Post a Comment