Friday, November 18, 2016

TRANSFER!!! From the city to the country sides (the kets)

Monday November 14, 2016 at 12:17AM

Hi oh my hi!!!

I hope you are all doing well. I love you all!  Please forgive me for the late responses for some of your emails. I am sorry, I don't have much time online.

SO I got my transfer call to leave the city and go to a province in Cambodia, called Battambang!!! I can't even express how happy I am right now!!! My hands are shaking! Ahhhh! The province is about 8 hours from the city. I am still in Phnom Penh, but will leave this Friday. I am spending the other half of my training in Battambang with a new companion, Sister Collin. My trainer right now will stay here. I love sister sung! Ahh I love her and I love the people here the areas we are serving. It's so hard to say goodbye! I get to say goodbye to my family and share a message before I leave, which is a great blessing. Another blessing is that my grandfather's grave is at the province very close to Battambang and I really hope I can visit him!!!

As each day passes, my love for the people grows  deeper and deeper. Seeing the miracles and hearing the miracles the people we are teaching have experienced are a blessing in my life.

Everyday, as a goal I have been asking God for us to experience miracles, not for ourselves, but for us to see in the lives of others. I know that as we are obedient, God has granted us small but heart touching miracles everyday. It is the very Atonement that changes our lives and gives us hope. It is the very substance that turns the natural man towards God. At the start of the mission, I thought a lot about what I lacked, in knowledge of the Gospel, the doctrines, and more of myself. I started to become very frustrated. However, the mission is teaching me more and more about what others lack instead, whether it is a lost child,a shelter to seek refuge, a mother and father for comfort and love, a ride to church, a school to go to but most importantly, a savior, Jesus Christ.  I find so much joy thinking and prayer for the people we visit and teach. Though, it's very difficult for my comp and I to help people experience miracles, it is still our job to prepare them to receive and experience Christ when in times God does allow those opportunities to happen. Experiencing Jesus Christ isn't obtained  from me or Sister Sung, but a very personal gift with the person and Jesus Christ's Atonement. What we as missionaries can do is  help them prepare and understand when they can use the Atonement and help them identify what it means to them personally.

"Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. I know both to be abased, and I know how to abound: everywhere and in all things I am instructed to both be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things though Christ which strengtheneth me." Philippians  4:11-13

No comments:

Post a Comment